Please Join The 28ERS & the Outreach Committee of KPFK for “A Night of Movies & Music” at Riverside’s Illustrious Community Center: Back to the Grind. This event will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of The 28ers (2012-17), which will have organized 60 monthly events in a row–on the 28th day of each month to symbolize the dire need for a 28th Amendment to the U.S. Consitution to Forever Sever Private Wealth from Politics and Create Exclusive Public Financing for All Federal Elections!
Our October 28th event will involve four hours of music by bands both local and faraway as well as film viewings of the 3-Part Documentary, “Capitalism.”
While the event is free to everyone, donations to The 28ers are greatly encouraged and warmly received.
MUSIC ACTS FOR THE NIGHT OF OCTOBER 28TH:
WHO ARE THE 28ERS? WHAT DO WE WANT?
The 28ers is a post-partisan justice movement that is horizontal and hopes to join forces with organizations, communities and kindred spirits to evoke the change that America’s never known its needed in the first place. We plan and host events on the 28th of each month to call and symbolize the dire need for a 28th Amendment. The vision for our movement calls for a one-vote, one-voice democracy by creating a 4th branch of government to oversee, audit and distribute campaign contributions. To do this, we created our own 28th Amendment that was envisioned, drafted and revised over a four-month period. Our Amendment calls for a National Holiday on the election date, and creates a monetary lottery system that rewards voter participation. The amendment, though, is ultimately a people-powered act of legislation that aims to ban corporations as humans, money as speech, and requires all federal elections to be publicly funded, exclusively:
1) A Fourth Branch of Government that Oversees, Audits and Distributes Campaign Funds to Successful Candidates Based on Public Financing from Volunteer-Only Signatures; Branch Auditors Are Directly Elected by the Public.
2) Proclaims that Money Is Not Speech;
3) Corporations Are Not People;
4) To Encourage Voting, Citizens Who Vote on Election Day Are Immediately Entered into Lottery Where 50 Folks Per State Win $100,000, Tax Free. So Who Pays? The Money Is Taken Entirely from Congressional Pay!
5) And Lastly, Our Amendment Calls for a National Holiday on Election Day.
FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THE 28ERS: